Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday afternoon - We're in the middle of our second week of concerts and having a BLAST getting to know Irina Muresanu, our new violinist. Irina is Romanian and lives in Boston - she is coming to us through the auspices of Pro Musicis Foundation of New York. Irina and I were both chosen to be artists on their roster, and now they're trying something new - placing their artists in festivals around the country to help further their career. On our end, that's fantastic! It's brought us an incredible new artist who we are thrilled to know and work with, and it helps further the Pro Musicis mission of helping young artists advance their career. It's a win-win situation and we're very grateful to Pro Musicis Foundation for making this happen.

I've been trying to starve myself today to save up for the once-a-year, incredible rib dinner at Tom Terry's tonight. Somehow I think Ara Gregorian, our violist this week, is going to give me a run for my money with those ribs. I think the all-time record was 34 ribs, by Minnesota Orchestra principal cellist, Tony Ross. Yeah, it's true, we DO eat a lot, but that makes everyone love to cook for us, so it all works out!

More soon, hey - this is fun!
Stephanie

3 comments:

Jeffrey Sykes said...

What Stephanie forgot to say is that she tied with Tony in that rib-off. As I recall, they called it a draw after 34 ribs each.

Ask Andy said...

rib-off? dare I ask??

TimothyJones said...

I understand how Stephanie could eat 34, Tom's ribs are amazing! Wish that I could enjoy them this year! Thinking of all things BDDS while performing in Pittsburgh.