Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Rib dinner tonight!

It's a beautiful Tuesday afternoon and I am busily tying up loose ends, looking over notes from last year for tips to making this season even better. Ticket sales are better than last year at this time (thank you!).

I just returned from Carolyn Kallenborn's house. She's the textile artist who's doing an installation for The Playhouse stage. Lots of pots on burners at her house, but nothing good to eat inside of them...dying fabric instead. She and I looked at what she's preparing for Saturday. Dramatic and stunning! We also looked through some of the dresses she's made. I get to wear some of them! Look for me in her Kelp dress!

I am looking forward to tonight. Rib dinner at Edenfred with the artists made by the Wendels and the Wilkinson's. We'll see how they compare to Tom Terry's famous ribs! At a dinner early in the week is usually when I get to see everyone. I always get butterfiles in my stomach before I walk in...I am so excited to see everyone and get the festival started. Back to work...

3 comments:

Norma M Sober said...

Maybe we should call ourselves the Bach Dining and Dynamite Society. Food plays a big part in our hospitality for the artists. And there's the raffle grand prize of a dinner at Edenfred. Yum!

Sam "The Apex" Crownover said...

I don't know Tom, those ribs were good last night...the sauce! We'll definitely need to eat yours later this month to see how they hold up!

Sam "The Apex" Crownover said...

(Terry)